Established in 1252 the College at Bedern was the religious house of the priest-vicars who deputised for the canons at the daily services in York Minster. This report outlines the results of excavations in the area known as Bedern undertaken in the 1970s and the complex of buildings revealed. The methodology of the project, the structural sequence and post-excavation analysis preceed a discussion of the evolution and development of the college buildings, daily life in the college and its decline from the end of the 15th century. The second volume comprises unbound plans and sections.
Archaeology of York volume 10/5
Sales fulfilled by Casemate Academic (US)